You're excited about creating UI solutions that make hard problems look easy. Your work is gorgeous, accessible, and elegant - and we're talking "view source" as well as the view from the browser. You love to solve problems, work collaboratively, and see things come together quickly...
Our team at Loomia is looking for YOU!
Loomia is looking for an experienced front-end engineer who is highly motivated, detail-oriented, and not afraid to try new things. This is a small engineering team - so everyone is a thinker, a problem-solver, and plays a critical role in delivering the products that make our customers and their users happy. We're a small multi-disciplinary team within a nimble, high-energy startup, so this is a great opportunity for you to make your mark.
* Extensive experience writing elegant, readable, maintainable XHTML and CSS
* Strong working knowledge of DOM and AJAX
* Good working knowledge of server side coding (Python, RoR, PHP, ...)
* Solid knowledge of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and building in accessibility from the ground up
* Experience working in open-source LAMP environment
* Solid understanding of web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON
* You're above all a problem solver - you love a challenge as well as a feasible, practical solution.
* Comfortable debugging browser problems with firebug, tamper, web developer and similar tools.
* Solid understanding of testing concepts and practices (unit testing, test automation, ...)
* Agile development
* Working on multiple concurrent projects
* Close to the user - customer feedback drives iteration
* We drink excellent coffee
Please provide links to projects you've worked on.
Visit our website: www.loomia.com
Describe in detail your latest experience implementing a challenging web UI, and what you did to figure it out and make it work (example topic: "rounded corners worked in everything but Safari, here's what I did…").