Making movies sucks - help us make it better. Sr. Systems Engineer / Release Manager needed.
HighlightCam is revolutionizing how users create (and share) movies. With our apps, users can create professional-quality videos – automatically. Server-based editors scan for the best content in the pictures and video, add special effects, and then send the finished movie for the user to share with their friends. Cool, huh?
We’re looking for an awesome Sr. Systems Engineer / Release Manager to join our growing team, someone who knows how to scale Web, Database, and GPU servers, at Linode and AWS. Automated release management skills a major plus. We’re fully funded, YC alum, and growing in both domestic and international markets. We need someone driven who wants to join and lead a small team and really own their work.
- Eager to join a growing startup
- Good at communicating (discuss features, bugs, customer requirements, etc.)
- Appreciation for sarcasm
- Knowledge how to scale MySQL, AWS GPU servers, Linode Web Servers, and use of Cloudfront
- Knowledge of release management, preferably knowledge of automated release management such as Fabric, or Puppet. Experience deploying Django apps big plus.
- Knowledge of Python and Django
- Great grasp of software design and architecture
- Video codecs, video editing or ffmpeg a plus
- Unix System Admin a plus
- General server development Java, Node.js, .NET, etc.)
This position is full-time with health benefits (of course). Pay will be TBD, we’re looking for someone who wants to take a significant stake in our company. We’re located across from the San Antonio shopping center, so there are plenty of great restaurants nearby. This is most importantly a startup, so we try to have fun while we’re here! We play poker, board games, rock climb, go out for drinks, all that good stuff… We’re looking for people who WANT to be here, to join a company that’s striving to create something truly extraordinary.
Interested? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.