Position: Sr. Software Quality Assurance Manager (Full-time)
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
HookLogic was founded in 2004 with the goal of understanding and influencing shopper decisions. We work closely with our growing list of top e-commerce sites providing truly revolutionary products powered by cutting-edge, high-scalability technology built by people like you. HookLogic is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Manchester, UK. We’re a diverse group of talented technologists and business professionals with a passion for retail, automotive, and travel industries.
What We’re Looking For: - A QA Master!
Are you passionate about software quality assurance? Does the idea of developing better more efficient QA processes get you going in the morning? Do you enjoy working with a bunch of smart people in a fun, challenging and growing environment? If so, then you might be the right fit to become HookLogic’s new Sr. Software QA Manager.
We are looking for an experienced QA professional to take our software quality assurance and testing practices to the next level. We are looking for an individual with the experience, innovation and leaderships skills needed to implement new and improved QA best practices, including testing automation. You will be working side-by-side with the development team at our Ann Arbor office, you will lead the Quality Assurance process for one or more of the HookLogic software applications. You will work closely with product management and engineering to develop a QA strategy for the application, produce a detailed test plan, and execute the plan.
Sr. Software Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for delivering the best quality product possible. Period.
• Bringing extensive Quality Assurance knowledge and experience to the company
• Responsible for evaluation, design & implementation of testing best practices w/ focus on automation
• Lead and manage QA resources (FTE’s, contractors and offshore)
• Create, adapt, and perform QA tests scripts and checklists across suite of products
• Create, implement and maintain metrics to assess software quality and stability
• Oversee execution, and maintenance of test automation suites as part of regular release processes
• Performing and oversee regression testing for new releases and software hotfixes
• Serving as internal subject matter expert on QA related topics
A qualified candidate should meet the following required qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical field, business or equivalent work experience
Proven track record of successfully managing complex QA processes
Entrepreneurial tendencies, and the unrelenting need to solve problems
Experience in building testing frameworks, tools and automation
Self-motivator with strong work ethic and the ability to multitask
Drive towards goal of zero escaping defects
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Have a “can-do” positive attitude and the willingness to keep your hands dirty
Not required but preferred candidates may have the following previous experience:
5+ years QA Management experience (preferably on Software-as-a-Service solutions)
Ability to design, develop, maintain, and scale tests and test documentation
Working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Know what Jira is, and how to use it
Experience in search or online advertising preferred
Solid Ping Pong and/or Foosball skills a plus
- Competitive salary
- Competitive vacation and personal time
- Full medical insurance coverage
- Stock options and 401(k) with company contribution
- Extensive training and opportunities for career growth
- Positive, supporting and fun start-up work environment