Senior System Administrator
Location: Redwood City, CA
Zuora is the first on-demand company focused on creating products that help companies build, manage and grow subscription businesses. Its first product, Z-Billing, manages and executes a company's billing operations. Z-Payments, recently launched in October, automates the complexities associated with recurring payments. Backed by Benchmark Capital and Chairman and CEO of Salesforce.com, Marc Benioff, Zuora's team of SaaS visionaries come together from Salesforce.com, WebEx, Accenture, Postini (now Google) and Oracle.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with technical management.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
• A solid understanding of an operating system; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communications, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions), can use performance analysis to tune systems.
• A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide filesystem layouts.
• Ability to program in an administrative language preferably Python.
• Ability to perform operating system updates, patches and configuration changes
• A strong understanding of Linux security, vulnerability assessments and system hardening
• Share 24/7 on call duties
• Strong understanding in and experience virtualization technologies (Vmware and Xen)
• Management of very large compute node farms to support one or more production applications with 99.95+ uptime SLA.
• More than five years of previous system administration experience.
Desirable Background and Skills
• A degree in computer science or a related field.
• Extensive programming background in any applicable language.
• Publications within the field of system administration.
• Extensive experience in design, selection and administration of storage subsystems (SAN, NAS, server based storage)
• MySQL 5.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x
• VMware VCP4 or equivalent
• Designs/implements complex local and wide-area networks of machines.
• Manages a large, complex site or network.
• Works under general direction from technical management.
• Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services.
• Provides technical lead and/or supervises system administrators, system programmers, or others of equivalent seniority.
• Has purchasing authority and responsibility for purchase justification.
Local applicants preferred.
To apply, email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject field.
Zuora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No third party applications accepted.