Dear supercool underdogs, web socialists and hidden champions!
We are searching for an excellent Designer who would like to contribute to Supercool School.
Supercool School is a highly purpose-driven startup that was founded by a team of underdogs from Europe and India to change the world using the amazing powers of learning.
We are bulding the first demand-based online learning marketplace that empowers people to request classes, join them as students or teach them using a simple webcam. Launching our alpha version on Facebook five months ago, Supercool School has attracted over 3.000 users that requested over 300 classes ranging from "How to start a business in China" to "Advanced Java" and "Thai Soup Recipes". We're going to have our global website launch in July 2009 and are already involved in a number of super secret projects with well known global organizations.
Because we believe in the power of learning. We believe that education is the answer to all the challenges that we face today. And even though we don't have all the solutions yet, we believe that they can be found in the hearts and minds of the people. So empowering them to learn and to develop their true potential means empowering the world to become all it can be: a better place for all of us.
We don't care for your degree, your age or your nationality ...
BUT that you're inspired and committed to accomplish great things with us.
- You can start immediately (most likely part time in beginning)
- You can work from home or in the office
- The office is in downtown San Francisco
- Send an Email with the subject "supercool designer" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach a CV + examples!! or links to your work
- Describe how you fullfill our expectiations stated above
- Tell us very briefly about yourself (1. What inspires you? 2. What are your goals? 3. Why are you different?)
1. You will receive an answer + quick feedback in 2-3 days
2. 30 min general Interview on skype (1st round)
3. 30 min specific Interview with extended supercool circle on skype (2nd round)
4. Final decision will be made asap but latest until the 31st of March
Now that you know a bit about us, we would love to hear from you! Just contact me at email@example.com
supercool vibes to all of you,
Bjoern Lasse Herrmann
Modular Feature Design
did you ever create something because you really wanted it?
///Essential hard skills are:
Photoshop and Illustrator
HTML and CSS
///Essential soft skills are:
Purpose driven personality
Constructive team player
Independent, enduring and self initiative personality
///Nice to haves:
Every language is a plus (especially: Greek, German, Russian, Hindi)
- A bad ass business model to change society
- An international team
- No hierarchy
- A T-Shirt
- Future leadership position
- Freedom to create state of the art design
- Environment of unique stakeholders
- A lot off responsibility and challenges
- A bright future