Industry leader Satellite Tracking of People, LLC (STOP) is currently seeking a qualified individual for a full-time position of Systems Analyst in its Reston, Virginia, office to provide support to our customers and management in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
1. Interact with internal and external clients to identify issues then escalate issues to the correct department based on analysis
2. Troubleshoot product problems; work with Tier2 helpdesk support team to pinpoint and fix client-impacting issues in the production environment
3. Develop and execute plans to deliver client with data and/or update metadata based on clients’ needs; provide communication to customer that translates analyses to customer in a non-technical way
4. Identify and document the process for data management tasks that should be automated
1. Retrieve, manipulate, format, and present data stored in large-scale (multi-Tb) relational databases in response to client and internal requests for meaningful information to support testimony, testing, and operational missions
2. Utilize SQL to perform internal application/database troubleshooting, maintain metadata, and improve data quality.
3. Routinely monitor data integrity reports and resolve discrepancies.
Custom Report Writing (Crystal Reports/SQL):
1. Develop reports based on client/contractual requirements.
2. Update reports based on client requirements, application updates, and database changes.
Quick-study and self-starter
A tenacious problem-solver
Highly organized with strong time management and prioritization skills; detail-oriented
Articulate; excellent oral and written communication skills
Conscientious with an enthusiastic work ethic
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States and will be subject to drug and background screening.
Candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with internal and external clients.
Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software problems
Ability to follow through and document issues and resolutions
Microsoft Office (including Access)
TOAD for Oracle
Crystal Reports, Crystal/Basic Syntax
SQL for Oracle and/or MySQL systems
Desire to learn Linux shell and/or Perl
Candidate will be expected to learn or know commercial software packages including Crystal
Report XI Developer and Toad for Oracle.
Ideal candidate will be proficient in Oracle or ANSI SQL.
Ideal candidate will be familiar with Windows and Fedora Linux operating systems.