Systems QA Analyst 5
Duration: 2 months
Date resource is required: 11/01/2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Position Description: Experience Level: Bachelor's degree plus 7-10 years related experience including familiarity with testing automation tools
Description: Responsible for handling the most complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues. Acts as a lead in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and the development and execution of test plans and test scripts. Works with client to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve questions during the testing process. May serve as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project. Analyzes, tests, and certifies application-specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents. Uses advanced knowledge of applications to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving highly complex test problems. Researches new products and industry methodologies and facilitates the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Plans and directs quality assurance schedules and assignments, and monitors project status in comparison to cost/time projections. Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects. Documents all phases of QA process. Directs and serves as a mentor to less experienced staff.
Job Description/Experience Requirements:
1. 8-10 yrs experience in IT in the Financial Services industry
2. Strong Quality Assurance/Testing background
3. Merger & Acquisition experience preferred
4. Strong communication/interpersonal skills
5. Strong problem identification and problem solving skills
6. Ability to be flexible in developing solutions
1. Accountable to identify group and activities involved in the Event - and develop the Event Master Test plan
2. Monitor test planning and execution of each conversion project - be aware of test plans, system flows, etc.
3. Work with Test & Release Management to consolidate input to Test Execution Schedule for event testing
4. Ensure end to end scenarios are defined, documented, and work with teams to define test data needed to support scenarios
5. Ensure data setup is completed as requested
6. Track and report progress of execution by day
7. Monitor defects identified, evaluate severity assigned, age and number open
8. Facilitate mtgs to resolve defects or other testing issues
9. Will represent emerging Testing CoE in Operations Technology merger integration event project management organization.
10. Will manage a matrixed team of testing leaders representing 3-5 key OT workstreams. Each will lead integration event test planning for their respective workstreams.
11. Will manage OT testing needs across organizational lines (Cross-CIO and with conversion and deconversion teams) by developing an understanding of application functional change required to support conversion events.
12. Provide test leadership to multiple test coordinators responsible for conversion-dependent projects.
Please send the resume if interested.