This is an amazing opportunity to join an early-stage startup as the co-founder of a disruptive social shopping company.
We are looking for an agile application developer who possesses the confidence, knowledge and skills to co-lead the customer development process and help scale the business. Our initial application is built on the Facebook platform and is about to enter private beta so you will immediately focus on testing feature sets, establishing proof points, building new features & functionality, optimizing viral loops, and identifying growth opportunities.
We are not looking for just an employee. We seek an ambitious and entrepreneurially minded partner who will co-own the company and play a key role in its success. Although we prefer significant startup experience and a proven track record of success, we are open to younger candidates or recent grads that are technically savvy, ambitious, highly intelligent and passionate about startups.
The company raised a small angel round to launch the prototype and is currently securing its first round of funding. Compensation will be equity-based at first and will convert to competitive salary + equity upon funding. We are a virtual company with headquarters in San Francisco.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• LAMP stack, MySQL (v5.1.37), PHP5 (Codeigniter framework)
• Ubuntu server admin (9.10), Amazon EC2 hosting
• Facebook Graph API, FBML, iFrame based apps
• UI dev/design using HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Ajax
• Distributed Version Control (Kiln, Mercurial client)
• Agile Development and Lean Startup principles
• BS/MS degree (or equivalent experience) in CS, MIS or Engineering
• Experience with mobile platforms, programming languages and location based service apps a plus but not required