Are you a wizard at interactive online products and visual design?
This is a long-term opportunity for a highly motivated, committed and talented individual to manage the full lifecycle software development process of an exciting new web project.
The successful candidate will have an interest in politics and work closely with the Director to progress and launch a high potential web tool to the specifications of the Director. Work will be on a voluntary/unpaid basis until the business starts making money, at which time a negotiatable share of profits can be taken.
Applicants will be required to submit a signed confidentiality agreement on invitation to interview in person or by webcam.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing achievements relevant to job description and person specification, a CV with two references (academic/professional) and samples of work produced to Davinaduggan@virginmedia.com .
This is a chance to get stuck into both user research and design; front and back end development - from conception and ideation through to design definition. Some usability and interaction design experience is desirable but not essential.
The ideal person will have the ability to build what they design; build to design specification; excellent communication skills and ability to explain their design decisions; curiosity and passion for crafting amazing experiences; and ideally a portfolio of self-started projects.
More details about the project and the founder will be given to shortlisted applicants.
Closing date for applications is Midnight 29 June 2011.
1. Full lifecycle application development
2. Designing, coding and debugging the application in relevant software languages.
3. Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
4. Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
5. Software modeling and simulation
6. Front end graphical user interface design
7. Software testing and quality assurance
8. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
9. Support, maintain and document software functionality
10. Integrate software with existing platform.
11. Project Planning
12. Maintain standards compliance
1. Achieved or working to Degree Level or equivalent in Computer Programming, Computer Science or related subjects.
2. Time management
3. Excellent communication skills
4. PC desktop skills
5. Good organisational skills
6. A grasp of web interface
8. Experience with Flash and charting visualizations
1. Project management
2. Experience with both web and mobile design
3. Further evidence of professional training in Information Technology, Internet programming
4. techniques, Systems analysis or Database analysis
5. Achieved or working to Computer Science Degree in analysis and programming SSADM and/or PRINCE