The Technical lead is responsible for leading a technology team located both in NYC and offshore. This person is responsible for leading the team in architecture, design, implementation, and process. This includes long-term project and resource planning and management as well as day to day hands on coordination.
1) Coordinate efforts of onshore and offshore technical staff in the creation of new products or in the support of existing systems.
2) Assist in the coding, design, analysis, architecture, and requirements for new projects.
3) Assist in the establishment and enforcement of new technology processes.
4) Guide/mentor team members when they encounter technology roadblocks.
5) Assist with the sales process as a technical expert for client meetings, solutions development, proposal writing, and task, resource and hours estimating.
1) 5+ years experience in the development of web based applications
2) Strong understanding of relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
3) Strong understanding of OO languages such as Java.
4) Experience and knowledge in building web services
5) Strong written and verbal communication.
6) BA/BS in computer science. Advanced degree a plus.
7) Strong project management/leadership skills.
8) Knowledge of Ruby a plus.