The Intrigue Agency (www.intrigueagency.com) is ready to fill an exciting summer internship position in its NYC office.
Are you looking for a part or full/ time position in NYC? Are you a student looking for an internship or co-op during the summer? Are you in-between jobs and looking to do something significant while in transition?
Do you want to do meaningful work, something you can feel proud of, something that adds value?
Would you like to be given a chance to showcase your talents - a chance to run with an idea or project and make it happen?
Would you like to work with innovative and purpose driven professionals in a creative environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is welcomed?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then the Intrigue Agency is for you.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in marketing, communications, advertising, social media and entrepreneurship. You will have the opportunity to create significant value while developing knowledge, skills and experience that will help you position yourself for desired work in the future.
This is the "Anti" Entry-Level Job. The work that you will be doing is integral to the success of Intrigue Agency Partners and will truly be making a difference in the businesses of our clients (non-profits, branding/design, manufacturing, banking etc.)
The successful candidate should be interested in the following responsibilities:
1. Social Media Management
- Setting up Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn strategies
- Growing followers and creating weekly content
- Creating Social Media schedules and strategy for clients
2. Program/ Project Management
- Producing and managing the development of client materials (websites, marketing materials, investor presentations etc.)
- Assisting with the launch of new products for the Intrigue Agency and our clients
- Developing internal systems for the Intrigue Agency and our clients
3. Marketing/ PR
- Creating copy for website, newsletters and blog posts
- Creating marketing and promotional materials
4. Client Communication
- Creating client presentations and proposals
- Conducting research and analysis on client facing projects
5. Business creation
- Working with IA's business creation clients to create all aspects of clients businesses in short spans of time
- Crafting copy for clients' websites
- Developing strategy for clients monetization
We encourage our staff to have a say in the tasks and activities they are engaged in. We want you to continually be inspired by what you are doing. We do this by aligning your responsibilities with your professional aspirations and goals. What do you want to be doing in 2 years, 5 years? How can we make your position as valuable and educational as possible to give you a proven track record of results and a "portfolio" that positions you for your ideal future and differentiates you from your peers.
Another highlight of this internship is that you will have the opportunity to work directly with Andrew Horn. Andrew Horn is a successful Social Entrepreneur who started his first non-profit when only 22 (www.dreamsforkids.org/dc). While working with the Intrigue Agency, you will be able to interact with a number of high level entrepreneurs, respected business people and community leaders that you might not have a chance to meet and work with otherwise.
Andrew is also a certified business creation consultant and professional speaker who specializes in helping individuals start the business and life they want. You can view his website at www.itsandrewhorn.com. You will be exposed to one of a kind advice and strategy that will help you progress as a professional and entrepreneur.
You will report directly to the Marketing and Operations Manager, Scott Ritter in our brand new Williamsburg office space at 240 Kent Ave.
Social Media Management
Program/ Project Management
Marketing/ PR (Copy + Design)
Must be proficient in all mainstream Internet technologies (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
Should be capable of basic design work in Microsoft word and PowerPoint
High-level written and verbal communications
Excellent time management skills. Must be able to meet deadlines with very little supervision
Must have undergraduate degree (or be in process of completing)
Unpaid, food/travel stipend and other perks