AbilityList is ready to fill exciting full-time, internship position in its NYC (Williamsburg) office immediately. Some creative positions (design/web dev) positions can be completed virtually.
Are you looking for a full time position in NYC? Are you a recent grad looking for a meaningful internship? Are you in-between jobs and looking to do something significant while in transition? Are you a student looking for a co-op during the school year or summer?
Do you want to do meaningful work, something you can feel proud of, something that adds value?
Would you like to be given a chance to showcase your talents - a chance to run with an idea or project and make it happen?
Would you like to work with innovative and purpose driven professionals in a creative environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is welcomed?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then AbilityList is for you.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in social entrepreneurship, marketing/ communications, development/design or anyone who is passionate about developing critical business knowledge, skills and experience that will help you position yourself for desired work in the future.
This is the "Anti" Entry-Level Job. The work that you will be doing is integral to the success of AbilityList and will truly be making a difference in the lives of our users (People with disabilities and those who help them)
The successful candidate should be interested in the following responsibilities:
- Outreach to potential partners and users in and around NYC
- Development of most comprehensive disability resource database in NYC
- Hosting community events and volunteer activities around NYC
- Developing marketing materials for the public and potential partners
- Outreach to disability companies, non-profits and media outlets that could garner AbilityList visibility and new users
- Maintaining and developing social media strategy
- Work on relevant branding initiatives and creative campaigns
Web/ Graphic work
- Assist w/ the development of of AbilityList's marketing materials (one sheet's, tri-folds etc.)
- Assist with web design & development
- Researching and writing grants for AbilityList
- Identifying strategic partners (associations, companies, government) that can align with AbilityList
Program Development/ Project Management
- Developing internal systems for AbilityList (CRM, Contact, File sharing etc.)
- Creating training manuals for organizational functions and systems
- Creating strategy and prioritizing organizational development
We encourage our staff to have a say in the tasks and activities they are engaged in. We want you to continually be motivated by what you are doing. We do this by aligning your responsibilities with your professional aspirations and goals. What do you want to be doing in 2 years, 5 years? How can we make your position as valuable and educational as possible to give you a proven track record of results and a "portfolio" that positions you for your ideal future and differentiates you from your peers.
Another highlight of this internship is that you will have the opportunity to work directly with Andrew Horn (www.itsandrewhorn.com), a successful entrepreneur and his creative team. Through this internship, you will be able to interact with a number of high level clients, respected business people and potential partners that will expand your own network and increase your ability to communicate at a high level professionally.
You will report directly to the CEO and founder, Andrew Horn and work out of our water view office in Williamsburg Brooklyn.
If you are interested in the position and would like to inquire further, please contact, AbilityList's CEO, Andrew Horn by responding to this post.
Get in touch to schedule an informal interview and to learn more about major program initia
Bachelors degree or in process of completing
Must be proficient in all mainstream information technologies.