About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
SSV is a nonprofit organization founded in 2000 that is leading Silicon Valley to a more sustainable future through collaboration with businesses, government agencies, and community organizations to identify and address the highest-priority environmental issues. We do this by creating opportunities for collaboration and innovation and building the capacity for leadership in sustainability and through pilot projects for solution implementation to achieve the vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Position: Transportation Content Contributor
Type: Non-Compensated Volunteer Position
Part-time Telecommuting is OK
Time Commitment: 10-15 h/week, 3-6 mos period
Reports to: Transportation Content Lead
Transportation Content Contributor is a non-compensated volunteer position. Working under the supervision of the Transportation Content Lead, the Content Contributor not only develops content themselves but also oversees and manages content creation in the focus area of transportation, more specifically ways to enable multi-modal transportation to move away from single occupancy vehicle use. The candidate has to provide his/her own laptop.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: experience gained while volunteering on various projects, proving capabilities in a nonprofit organization environment in the field of sustainability, networking opportunities, and current resume job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Create content in the area of enabling multi-modal transportation.
● Create content to develop the sustainability roadmap ( found here: http://www.sustainablesv.org/ecocloud/index.php/roadmap ) for a corporate audience.
● Keep up with and write about recent transportation news, developments, and upcoming events
● May conduct research, compile data and prepare reports for consideration and presentation for executive management.
● May participate and assist in SSV events, workshops, or fairs that have a potential to attract new volunteers
● Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of partner, staff, and agency information
● Candidate should have the skills to research a topic and compile a relevant, readable, actionable, and concise report based on the research they conduct.
● Although experience and existing knowledge of sustainability or sustainable transportation is not required, it is an advantage.
● Strong motivation to excel at SSV
● Effective communication and collaboration skills in order to interact with individuals and groups
● Ability to communicate effectively via spoken and written English
● Ability to produce results in a timely manner
● Experience in internet browsing and search
● Commitment to email responsiveness
● Extensive experience or education relating to multi-modal transportation or broader sustainability issues is preferred.
● Experience in Google Docs is preferred