About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
SSV is a nonprofit organization founded in 2000 that is leading Silicon Valley to a more sustainable future through collaboration with businesses, government agencies, and community organizations to identify and address the highest-priority environmental issues. We do this by creating opportunities for collaboration and innovation and building the capacity for leadership in sustainability and through pilot projects for solution implementation to achieve the vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Position: Transportation Content Lead or Co-Lead
Type: Non-Compensated Volunteer Position
Part-time Telecommuting is OK
Time Commitment: 10-15 h/week, 3-6 mos period
Reports to: Research and Implementation Director
Transportation Content Lead is a non-compensated volunteer position. Working under the supervision of the Research and Implementation Director, the Content Lead not only develops content themselves but also oversees and manages content creation in the focus area of transportation, more specifically ways to enable multi-modal transportation to move away from single occupancy vehicle use. The candidate has to provide his/her own laptop. In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: experience gained while volunteering on various projects, proving capabilities in a nonprofit organization environment in the field of sustainability, networking opportunities, and current resume job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Create and direct generation of content in the area of enabling multi-modal transportation.
● Create and direct generation of content to develop the sustainability roadmap ( found here: http://www.sustainablesv.org/ecocloud/index.php/roadmap ) for a corporate audience.
● Keep up with and direct write-ups about recent transportation news, developments, and upcoming events
● Guide the creation of further content through overseeing and aiding the work of research Interns and Assistants to ensure quality content.
● If needed, work with SSV’s HR department to interview and hire additional research Interns and Assistants to help create content.
● Work in coordination with the Research and Implementation Director and EcoCloud Program Director to guide the development and format of the content.
● Manage effective correspondence, reply, forward, follow-up as appropriate in a timely manner as related to activities involving support of the researchers reporting to you.
● Prepare rep
● Candidate should have the skills to research a topic and compile a relevant, readable, actionable, and concise report based on the research they conduct.
● Although experience and knowledge of sustainability or sustainable transportation is not required, it is an advantage.
● Strong motivation to excel at SSV
● Effective communication and collaboration skills in order to interact with individuals and groups
● Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
● Strong writing and editing skills for effective communication
● Ability to produce results in a timely manner
● Commitment to responsiveness
● Experience in internet browsing and search
● Extensive experience or education relating to multi-modal transportation or broader sustainability issues
● Flexibility in defining the Role of Transportation Content Lead
● Experience in Google Docs
● Willingness to learn basic processes to publish content to EcoCloud website
● Ability to help and guide others in all aspects of content generation
● Ability to adapt to and adopt new programs and tools
● Knowledge of various websites and social networking platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook
● Experience working with Microsoft Office modules e.g. MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel