• HighTable is building a new knowledge-based search engine for top venture backed entrepreneurs and the investors who follow them. The product uses data retrieval and machine learning to help entrepreneurs and other professionals find and learn from each other. While we have focused a great deal on the back-end technology, we have a huge opportunity to create a great experience for our users. We’re looking for truly top talent to lead this effort.
• The UX position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced UX talent to lead the creation of the user experience. Users include top entrepreneurs and venture firms. The UX lead will work directly with talented development team, analytics, email and bus dev teams, and data scientists to bring the product to market.
• HighTable is current in beta, has about 100,000 members, with 4,000 to 5,000 active members per month.
• HighTable’s work is highly visible to its top investors.
• This would be HighTable’s first UX lead. Although we’ve had mostly part-time product managers and designers, this is a significant hire for HT.
Lead rapid prototype development. Execute creative ideas through the wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes
Be an advocate for the user and help define experiences that place usability and interaction as the highest goals
Internalize and evangelize HighTable’s key value proposition and user needs
Work strategically with development and business teams to define new product ideas and initiatives
Work closely with product stake holders to ensure timely delivery of requirements
Maximize efficiency in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative and innovative solutions are encouraged
3+ years of UX professional experience with solid understanding of interaction, system, and visual design with high-engagement web-based products.
3+ years of experience using industry standard design tools
Experience with user-centered design methods including cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies, and user workshops a plus.
The ideal candidate will have Java Script, CSS, HTML skills.
Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
Exceptional ability to communicate verbally - be able to articulate design methodology and recommendations
Able to work in a fast paced, fluid operating environment
Passion for and understanding of the components of interactive design and game mechanics that lead to energized and engaged communities.
Bachelor's Degree required
Base salary + bonus