The Digital Marketing Department has an opening for a User Interface Designer, located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Represent site users’ needs and expectations in design, development, maintenance, and refinement of E-commerce Sites, Corporate Sites, and other web applications.
Contribute to E-commerce site and application interactive design by developing, continually refining, and recommending information architecture, visual design, and process flow improvements to optimize user experiences.
Refine primary, secondary, and tertiary process flows for core site functionality.
Participate in research process and data evaluation to ensure that findings and insights are reflected in designs and release plans.
Proactively communicate status and updates to relevant stakeholders throughout UI process.
Apply the user-centered experience design practice to Safeway products.
Create interactive prototypes to flesh out design concepts, communicate ideas, and use in usability tests.
Ensure design specifications meet the strategic goals of the product teams and that products are deployed according to design specifications.
Incorporate UED guidelines, business requirements and corporate goals into design solution.
Identify emerging best practices within Information Design.
Work with Product Managers to understand objectives and translate these into engaging Web Designs following Safeway design standards and User Experience best practices.
Work with Internal Business Partners to develop and optimize content messaging, delivery and User Experience.
Continually Optimize Site Content/Functionality for increased engagement and audience satisfaction.
Work with IT to facilitate implementation of UI design projects.
Manage external business partners/vendors User Experience.
Grocery retail/e-commerce background a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
– Proficient with Adobe Web Design Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.)
– MS Office Suite (Excel and Access, Word & PowerPoint)
– Extensive knowledge of file formats, resolution and resizing of images for different platforms (i.e. Web, Mobile, or Tablet)
– Demonstrated expertise in page layout, typography, color theory, and graphic design principles
– Experience with Ajax, jQuery and knowledge in consuming 3rd party API and its mechanism
– Strong knowledge of Interaction Design and User Interface Development for multiple platforms (i.e. Mac, Windows, Mobile or Tablet)
– Experience conducting heuristic evaluations, competitor analysis and usability testing, designing use cases, flow diagrams, wireframes
– Technical understanding of Internet related technologies: database structuring and content management and knowledge management software
– Strong project management skills and capacity to work on multiple projects at the same time
– Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and tight timeline
– Strong customer focus and effective problem solving skills
– Process orientation with emphasis on driving efficiency and effectiveness through interactive technologies
– Strong ability to consult with cross functional team on integrating UI perspective within products and processes
– Clear communication and strong collaboration skills
– Posses the ability to translate usability research findings into design
BS degree in Interaction Design, Web Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field.
3+ years experience in interactive web design.
1+ years experience as a team lead developing information architecture and user interface artifacts (personas, scenarios, storyboards, page/process flow, visual comps, design specifications, style guides, etc.)