Amplify is looking for an exceptional Visual Designer to join our team as we create next generation tablet, web and print-based educational products aimed at grades K-5. This is an exciting opportunity to help re-envision elementary school curriculum and re-invent the classroom learning experience in English Language Arts, Science and Math.
The Visual Designer will help to develop our print and digital curriculum-based products while working closely with the Senior Designers and Design Director. The ideal candidate will be able to understand a product’s vision, and help to translate it into unique and comprehensive design solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams and external vendors. The Visual Designer will demonstrate a close attention to detail as well as solid visualization and communication skills during all phases of creative development from inception to launch. They will support the team with layout design, production across multiple platforms, and supplementary design requirements, like photo editing and preparing comps for presentations. The position requires knowledge of current technologies and design trends, and the desire to push the limits of innovation, creativity and storytelling using both digital and print platforms.
Responsibilities of the Visual Designer:
• Support the Senior Designers in creating high quality and engaging teacher and student materials based on a thorough understanding of the product vision, client needs and user stories.
• Collaborate with external vendors on design production under tight deadlines, while showing a strong attention to detail.
• Adhere to established style guidelines.
• Work collaboratively with the design, product, curriculum, engineering and management teams.
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Visual Designer:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of proven experience in interactive/mobile/web design
• Proven graphic design, layout and typography skills
• Proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
• Proven ability to effectively collaborate with a team and as well, take initiative plus work independently to solve problems.
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Visual Designer:
• Experience with print and digital production
• Proven organizational skills and experience showcasing one’s capability to work
on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience with UX/UI, IA, motion graphics, web design.
• Knowledge of animation and/or video editing software such as After Effects, Flash, etc
• Familiarity with game design, storyboarding, creating prototypes (prototyping software tools).
• Comfortable with short development cycles and flexible with shifting priorities..
• Illustration and drawing skills.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Amplify Education, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.