About the position:
Water Content Lead is a non-compensated role. Working under the supervision of the Research
and Implementation Director, the content lead develops content and also oversees and
manages content creation in the focus area of sustainable water use for SSV’s EcoCloud
website, more specifically, how companies and cities can reduce water waste and pollution and
become more water efficient. The candidate has to provide his/her own laptop. In return for the
volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include:
Experience gained while volunteering on various projects, proving capabilities in a nonprofit
rganization in the field of sustainability, networking opportunities, and reference letter from the
Executive Director of SSV. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards
its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Create content in the area of sustainable water use
● Guide the creation of further content through overseeing and aiding the work of research
Interns and Assistants to ensure quality content.
● If needed, work with SSV’s HR department to interview and hire additional research Interns
and Assistants to help create content.
● Work in coordination with the Research and Implementation Director and EcoCloud Program
Director to guide the development and format of the content.
● Manage effective correspondence, reply, forward, follow-up as appropriate in a timely manner
as related to activities involving support of the researchers reporting to you.
● Prepare reports upon management demand regarding content creation milestones.
● May conduct research, compile data and prepare reports for consideration and presentation
for executive management.
● May participate and assist in SSV events, workshops, or fairs that have a potential to attract
● Candidate should have the skills to research a topic and compile a relevant, readable,
actionable report based on the research they conduct.
● Although experience and knowledge of sustainability or sustainable water use is not required,
it is an advantage.
● Strong motivation to excel at SSV
● Effective communication and collaboration skills in order to interact with individuals & groups
● Ability to communicate effectively via phone
● Experience in working with PC or Mac
● Ability to produce results in a timely manner
● Experience in internet browsing and search
● Knowledge of various websites & social networking platforms such as Linked-in & Facebook
● Experience working with Microsoft Office modules e.g. MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
● Extensive experience or education relating to sustainable water use or broader sustainability
● Experience in Google Docs is preferred