Kwarter builds fun, social, and rewarding mobile experiences to engage viewers and celebrate TV's most powerful moments. Each week the top 10 TV shows in the US are watched by over 100 million people. At Kwarter, we build applications for audiences of this size. The work we do here is seen by the whole world.
The person who fills this role will be among the initial members of Kwarter's engineering group. You'll own our iOS application architecture and drive development using the latest mobile standards, while also having a significant creative voice in our product roadmap.
Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released iOS applications and features.
Write maintainable code with extensive unit + functional test coverage
A working knowledge of Agile Development practices (SCRUM, TDD)
Mastery of iPhone technologies (Objective C, Cocoa, iPhone SDK - iOS 5 + 6)
A solid understanding of networking, algorithms, memory management, and concurrent programming
Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance
Experience with open source tools like RestKit + SSToolkit
Experience working with RESTful web services and an understanding of OAuth2
Experience working with Facebook SDK, Google Analytics SDK, Flurry SDK, Crashlytics SDK, TestFlight
Experience working with Git + GitHub (ideally you have contributed to open source projects)
Apache HTTP Client
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Competitive salary and generous stock options
* Flexible and generous vacation policy
* You pick your setup - When you join you have $5k to spend on your gear - Apple MacBook Air or Pro, Apple Displays, iPhone, iPad, Bag, Aeron Chair, Desk, etc
* Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance + Paid maternity and paternity leave + Gym membership reimbursement
* Education Benefits - Tuition Reimbursement + budget for conferences/trainings + $100/month book allowance to expand your knowledge
* Commuter Benefits - Pre-tax benefits to help you get around the bay area
* Stocked kitchen + catered lunches weekly
* Employee discounts on everyday expenses - Apple, TMobile, Avis, Hertz, BestBuy, etc...
* A strong belief in life/work balance
* A supportive, collaborative group of people who understand that success depends on the team
* Fun and memorable company trips (Las Vegas last July, Lake Tahoe this December)