Ness Computing's mission is to connect people with experiences they’ll love. The company uses advanced machine learning techniques to recognize patterns in people’s preferences, and our first product makes instant restaurant recommendations based on each person’s unique tastes. Ness Computing's team has expertise in applied machine learning, large-scale systems, and mobile user interface engineering. Ness is well funded by top tier venture investors including, Khosla Ventures, Alsop Louie Partners, and the founders of Palantir and corporate investors including American Express, SingTel Innov8 and NTT DoCoMo.
Ness is looking for an experienced iOS developer with a passion for creating beautifully designed software that delights users. We’re looking for someone who wants to push the iOS platform to its limits, with implementation approaches beyond even Apple’s first-party apps. Ness already has a flexible framework of extensions to UIKit that have helped its current user interface gain significant notoriety with users and the press.
You are someone who shares our love of carefully designed, immersive products. You are detail-oriented, believe the little things matter, and won't consider a task complete until everything is just right. Having a strong opinion in product and feature decisions is typical for you, and you’re engaged by respectfully debating the merits of different approaches. You should know good design when you see it to give feedback to the design team, even if you don’t have skill in creating new designs.
◦ Create the Ness Experience on iOS, using Ness internal APIs
◦ Work with the Product team to define, design and implement user experience and interactions
◦ Manage the development and release pipeline of the Ness iOS application
◦ Communicate application requirements to backend engineering team
◦ Expert knowledge of the iOS SDK
◦ Examples of iOS applications you wrote or contributed to
◦ Experience with client-server applications
◦ Experience with debugging and profiling tools
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Market-rate salary plus equity, benefits, gym membership, and catered meals